Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

How to Dispose of Tons (literally) of Horns, Drivers, Speakers, Cabinets. etc

I am winding down a sound reinforcement company after 38 years of business. It’s been a good run, but the young kids and the manufacturers have won. The new kids have their digitally processed line arrays and digital consoles. And the manufacturers are selling them the current flavor-of-the-month equipment as fast as they can. It’s made it hard for us to compete.

When I started the business, you had to know what you were doing, and in a lot of cases, build your own equipment. Now, anybody with a pocket full of money can go to the local music store and instantly become a sound company.

We have two large systems. Both can cover audiences over 15,000. One is a two-way system which supplied sound for Charlotte Symphony outdoor pops concerts for over 30 years. The other system is four-way, and more suited for rock shows.

We have loads of components, mostly Altec and JBL. It’s all high efficiency stuff. Also, we probably have the largest collection of working 4560 cabinets in the country, about 48.

The question is, what to do with it all. I would love to sell an entire system, but it’s probably not going to happen.

I could part them out, and sell components here. Any other suggestions?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - How to Dispose of Tons (literally) of Horns, Drivers, Speakers, Cabinets. etc - Alpha Al 15:48:20 06/27/14 (12)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.