Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: REVIEW: RULLIT ATELIER Aero-8, 8' Field Coil Drivers.

Great review Lance, although I do have some questions. You mentioned "Now, I really wanted to get into how the AERO-8's imaging compares to my reference system described above, however, the cabinet/Baffle types are just too different to make such a comparison relevant."

I thought that you simply installed the AERO-8 drivers in your OB speakers, so why couldn't you compare the two?

How do these field coils compare to the Slagle field coils?

While the AERO-8 drivers are capable of reproducing lower bass, by running them full range (within reason you said) you are muddying up the midrange. Did you run them full range the entire time?

I am convinced that the paper used by Lowther leads to a muffled presentation which reduces their dynamcis and overall performance. When the paper drivers used by Lowther is treated with the enABLe treatment, the overall performance of the drivers improves. I wonder how the comparison of these drivers would compare if the Lowther drivers were treated with enABLe?

Retsel

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.