Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Help with calulating a quad speaker sealed enclosure

Thanks man

Yes for 150 hz down or 600 down depending on how they perform. I have a mid bass horn to fit on top that would not if it was an array.

And yes 8.3 cubic foot in insane. I built a pair of 6 cubic feet and they where hugely difficult to get strong enough. I clad them with 3/4 ply after I finished them out of 1 1/4mdf to stiffen them up.

I might try the single driver open first. But I would like to do low bass with them. Given the drivers are 94db I can get approaching 100db 1 watt with the 4 aside. That's what I need.

I guess going Jensen type vented is another option for reducing the size. They do work well in a vented enclosure. I have a single pair that do very evenly in my small room in vented so maybe it's not such a bad idea scaling up that enclosure size that I know works well in the room. Will it still work well when multiplied by 4 in size and number of drivers? I don't know.

If this pic works out you will see what I had in mind.

If you open that auction page and scroll through the pictures you will see the baffle. btw I don't believe for minute the sellers claim that the tesla's sound as good as seimans 14 inch L405.

Edits: 06/03/14 06/03/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.