High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

RE: You are not building a MLTL

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ High Efficiency Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

I am not so sure that there are two discrete categories, BR and MLTL. The differences are conceptual to make things easier, but can be conceptualised differently. I think each, depending on design, has elements of the other to a degree; we have a ported box and ...

Next, I would say that the GM-designed cabinet is further in the direction of MLTL than most ported boxes. I'd also take GM's (and Scott Lindgren's) designs over most; GM had concerns about the bass response of the classic Altec cabinets and set about designing something provided improved bass depth and smoothness, when located against the wall.

It can be easy to become focussed on one or two design elements and unwittingly allow these to dominate, often to the detriment of the end product. That said, your points should definitely be considered; I would bet GM and Scott have (actually it was given as an inferior option for my build)... their technical ability, experience, results, and thoroughness are enough for me.

Cheers,
Raymond

“As long as we have any intention to be right… we should be wary. So long as words have the slightest ego attachment, they are dishonest.” Charlotte Joko Beck

Follow Ups: