Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Getting EV1823's and ST350's in phase..Ping Paul E.

Geary

I concur with Bill F.'s comments below. A sled for the ST350 on top of the mid horn should work best. Start with the mid and tweeter driver diaphragms aligned with each other as seen from the side. Just eyeball it, as the drivers will likely not wind up in this exact position due to delays from the crossover components. When you find the sweet spot (indicated by a null in the frequency response with the drivers reversed wired from normal) you're there. It's hard to predict exactly where this will actually be, and it depends on the crossover type used. When you have this dialed in, some effort should be made to streamline the tweeter with the rear of the mid to avoid reflections from the tweeter output from bouncing off the back of the mid and smearing the stereo image. A simple ramp is fine to start with, however if you move to something more complex which will raise the tweeter even higher, then you have to start over and re-check the alignment. Make sure the test mic is at your listening position, and that it does'nt get moved during the procedure. Good luck!

Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.