Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Don't forget...

...the book Advanced Speaker Systems by the late Ray Alden (out of print in typical R.S. fashion). It's the best book for going from basic to advanced theory in my opinion, and Alden was a master at short cutting and streamlining the math: he actually told you what keys to press on your sci. calc.! His later book with R.S. was good, but it focused mainly on using computer sims, and I dunno if it's still in print.

At the risk of them discontinuing something because I opened my big yap Dept.:

Their rubber bulb desoldering iron is great! The red rubber bulb wears out eventually, but you can just buy that part (with a small plastic end to suck the solder) and swap it on to the iron.

Their soldering guns are pretty good, but as they age they get weaker and weaker. Just unscrew and pull the the tip out and clean it, as it gets corroded and thus more resistant. My TV guy tipped me about this.

Their HV test lead wire is good when you need to wire up a tube amp on a Sunday.

More discontinued stuff:

There was that di-pole ribbon tweeter they sold back in the 90's that sounded very good.

They don't sell any L-Pads anymore!

Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.