Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Klipsch Cornwall 2's vs JBL 4425 ?

The plain and simple truth is that a lot of things are hard to do. I have on multiple occasions bought and shipped two pairs of loudspeakers so I could listen to them both in my own system. How else will you ever know what they will sound like in your room on your gear? I kept both on one occasion and sold one pair on the other. You can discuss pros and cons all you want but you will still never know until you try there is no way around that.

Go and take a good look at Bob Crites's Cornscala version "D" this is in my estimation a better loudspeaker than either the Cornwall ll or the JBL 4425. It has a better woofer than CW ll and it is more efficient than the JBL woofer and it has a better horn than the CW and the JBL and I expect that the Faital driver is as good and might even be bit better than the JBL. You could buy a set of used CW ll and replace the motor board (which Bob can sell you)then go two way with the Faital pro horn/driver and the K33 CW woofer. You can build up the new crossover section for the Faital driver. Sell the Klipsch K600horn/driver and the K79 tweeters to offset your upgrade expenses. If you want to save cost while you experiment You could place the Faital pro horn/driver on top pf the CW ll in a make shift frame. This will also allow you to time align the horn driver to the woofer (like the JBL does). I expect that once you hear the woofer and the horn time aligned you will not want to go back to same baffle mounting ever again. Best regards Moray James.
moray james

Edits: 05/14/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.