Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: High efficiency speaker with great reproduction of speech

On the human voice as reference, I have over the years found that different speakers excel at different things. And conversely, different recorded sounds make different demands on speakers. If you only want the best reproduction of voice, then using voice as a test signal makes sense. But if you want to listen to Nine Inch Nails - use their albums to test speakers. If you have a wide range of music you like, then there is no substitute for trying a wide range before making a judgement.

That's a big problem with listening in stores and especially at shows - the music you hear is that which sounds good on the speakers being auditioned. If that does not cover what's in your own collection, you can pretty much count on disappointment once the speakers are in your house.

Totally agree about crossover in the vocal range making design difficult. Not impossible, it's just that you can get away with more imperfections the further you are above or below the vocal range - which IMO is 200-3000Hz. I've heard designs that cross seamlessly in the vocal range - but they are few and far between.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.