Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Well ... these sound amazing even on Youtube !

"Is there anything similar availble for DIY project ?"

My suspicion is that it would be hard to "beat" the Jazz Modules with a DIY project. By beat, I mean getting a comparable SQ for the money. Duke is a very small and efficient operation selling directly to customers, so not a lot of layers of mark up. Not to mention countless hours of tweaking by a competent professional etc..

Having said that, you could build something like (which would be good but different) with a co-ax and woofer, ala Tannoy DMT. But getting the crossover (among other issues) right would be a handful. I don't see a lot of people doing this, which implies difficulty. It's not like doing a 2 way with a CD and a 15" woofer (which even I can do and have done).

The one aspect of Dukes system that really intrigues me (from a DIY perspective) is the multiple sub application. I want to use multiple (3 or 4) infinite baffles as I have both crawl space and attic space. I am looking at his and Dr. Geddes application for this problem solving solution to bass management. My hang up is getting my head around the optimum placement in a difficult room... Not to mention cutting holes in my ceiling and floors.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.