Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

The very opposite

When first installed and my memory of the sound of the Edgar's fresh the size of the sound reminded me of my me4mories of early Magneplanars driven by Audio Research D75's in comparison to what was available at the time.

(yes, this is a spacey comparison)

The size of the image projected by the Inlow's in comparison to the Edgar's was of the same magnitude. With the advantage that the Inlow (along with the Edgar for that matter) image better than the Magnepans. The Magnepans had almost no imaging ability at all but the size of the presentation was very attractive. This, for me, is a very important aspect of sound reproduction. I want the presentation to be as large as possible while being proportional to the scale of the music - it must be able to get small, if the recording will allow. Nothing will ever make the giant guitars on those old Cat Stevens albums ever become life size (not that I use those records as references - but it is pretty funny to hear).

AS much as I enjoyed my Edgar round horns for these many years there is no comparison to what Inlow has achieved. I think the material he used allowed taking the tractrix contour to to its conclusion - it would be very expensive to fabricate this with wood. I would ask who would want to since I suspect the paper mache is a large part of the quality of sound these produce. Low mass, very stuff results in minimal resonance and that results in a purity of tone and much less interference so the little details are easily revealed.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • The very opposite - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 10:33:13 03/18/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.