Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Just noticed your question

There may be beaming - I sit in the same place when I listen and can only wish I could convince someone to come over and listen so what is called beaming by many I call focus.

You can barely see the FOSTEX t500's in the photo. They come in around 10K. The 2441's are not limited on the top end.

I am confused by upper bass horn? Do you mean what I am calling the sub500 horns? If you are there is simply no comparison in tonal quality, spaciousness in all directions and detail. I can assure you they are much better but am not practiced at the art of audiospeak in addition to the fact I do not know anyone with a big stereo system to compare - I can only compare to live music.

Not about to claim I have captured the sound of live music but there is much greater sense of dynamics - drums in both symphonic and rock settings have much greater realism. I wish they sounded real but there is much improved coherence of the initial impact and the overtones - there is a greater revealing of the overtones - both skin/head and shells.

Listening to the old warhorse - the Gershwin RHAPSODY/AMERICAN IN PARIS/Boston/Fiedler one can be almost overwhelmed by the sense of the hall the recording was made in. I thought I had had decent sound before but I have never heard anything like this.

I know there is more work to do which is pretty exciting.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.