Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

I am about 12 to 14 feet away (have not measured)

My room is a little narrow aggravated by having the SEISMICS in the corners. Though I do think I have a pretty good sounding room. (don't we all? until we find out otherwise!)

I have the speakers (for the moment) pointed straight ahead which seems to sound best. Started out with them angled in and slowly have moved to straight ahead.

I find this system allows almost immediate polarity decisions. With the polarity correct there is a great difference in sounds perceived from outside the speakers. Before I had to listen much longer to be sure most of the time.

Using crossover components at the speakers but with amplifiers for each driver. Will try a Nelson Pass based buffer active eventually. Figure I will wait until I tire of this sound before going ahead with finishing THAT project.

Have only had it running for about three weeks and have lots to learn.

Hope to take some measurements this weekend. Thought I would get something I thought sounded good and then see what REW has to say (which is another thing I have lots to learn about).

You ask a simple question and I give you an essay!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I am about 12 to 14 feet away (have not measured) - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 15:26:26 03/14/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.