Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: unfiltered

Those measurements don't look very believable... You might want to check your measurement method. For the woofer the pass band is very flat which it could be if you measured near field, but the response is not rolling off at low frequencies and you should clearly see that if you measured near field as the signal level would typically be high enough compared to the noise floor of your system to see the rolloff. Similarly for your mid and high, they are extremely flat in band and both have a slight shelf around 9k. This seems unlikely if you are using passive crossovers, and I say that having measured both the 2001 and 4001 on my own horns before.

If you want to design a passive crossover, it's a lot easier if you measure the impedance of the drivers and then simulate what the response of the driver will do when you add crossover parts. The 2001 might very well be a nominally '8 ohm' driver, but its impedance will change with frequency so a capacitor will not have the effect on the response you would expect with a resistive load.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: unfiltered - John Sheerin 20:38:15 03/13/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.