Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

!

Tre' Be that as it may, I still have concerns using the red rose R3's with a 30 watt triode, when I have a problem driving them with a 120 watt amp, maybe I need to add a powered sub to bring up the bass a bit... not a big fan of powered subs, or maybe i just need to do some room treatments to get it right. (that might be difficult my wife already thinks I nuts... She may be right) at any rate I will try the amp on the R3's when it arrives and consider after that weather I want a higher efficiency speaker. I hate to get rid of the R3's they are a one of the best speakers I have ever heard! Searching for audio nirvana I guess. I was looking at the full range speakers, as a bit of an experiment... I'm sure you all know what that is like, my stereo equipment tens to change slowly over time, some I regret letting go others not so much.. the R3's I think I will keep regardless. but have not been that impressed with the Krell amp, it is accurate the imaging is good but it lacks the warmth that I had with my conrad johnson...that I should have kept! Than ks all I will look up the reviews on the lowthers at stereophile and consider the hersheys.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • ! - nchristmann 06:16:26 03/06/14 (1)
    • RE: ! - SETdude 15:23:36 03/06/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.