Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Lowther Speakers

So what are the better performers then? I have been interested in a higher efficiency speakers for two reasons. Firstly I will be running limited wattage (maxing out at 30 watts) and i do like the music play back to be at a bit higher level, secondly, but not necessarily in that order, the music must be clear robust and image properly. I have considered Klipsch as a possibility but some how remain relatively unimpressed by the sound. I have much more experience with magneplan, Red Rose and Martin Logans, all of which are are nice sounding, but I'd have to say that the red rose R3's image the best by far and are very nice and clear, the problem is that they barely reach the SPL (I believe that they are 87 db/watt)that I am wanting even on a 100 watt krell amp, or the conrad johnson mf2200. Now that I am starting to work with lower wattage tube amps the only option to trying to increase that SPL is a more efficient speaker. Preferably as good sounding as the Red Rose R3's.. so looking for suggestions. The speakers don't absolutely have to be a full range single speaker... suggestions welcomed Thanks for the reply's in advance.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.