Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

New DIY speakers - comments and advice needed

So I made these a while back and I have just started working on the next step. The drivers are Fatial. 140 and 142 horn and the 15' woofers are 15fh500 or 15fh510. The second order xover has the polarity inversed. Jeff Oster designed and built it - he is the Fatial rep. He also helped with the design of the speaker.

The horns are on sleds to allow test with time alignment and angle. I think I will place them in the box at some point.

These cabinets are for testing and trials. Made from Baltic birch. My first set of speakers were Cornscala. Guess the speakers are 105db.

Not as much very low end as I would have guessed, but the bass is so clear and defined. Speakers sound great and I am just starting to work on the horn position. Cabling is very basic - the final will use Kimber 8TC.

Any comments or suggestions. I have thought about rebuilding the xovers with nicer caps and resistors, but I am not sure of the need.

I have moved the speakers to the corners of the room.

Thanks.

Don Walker

Edits: 07/15/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - New DIY speakers - comments and advice needed - Know Won 19:14:23 07/15/12 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.