Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Joe, I have NOT forgotten when you gave me two free Russian oil caps to try {250 volt}...

Glad you remember that event, because I didn't!

I now recommend the type KBG 2uf caps over the MBG kind I used to like. Couldn't get KBG back then.

My response to Tom Brennan is not a question of defense but rather education. People have no idea what they were dealing with when subscribing to Sound Practices.

It was not a business per se, it was a communal effort of a bunch of non-professional freaks writing and working for free. It cost money (lots) to print and mail, so subscription money was a necessary evil.

There was no office, no staff. I published the first 6 issues on a 286 computer in a word processing program and pasted the pages up on poster board. It was like the Ben Franklin days. I did this in a one bedroom apartment in Alexandria, VA.

Later, I had a mother in law suite attached to my house in Austin which was my lab, ham shack, and publishing empire. One mac computer. I edited those mags in the middle of the night when it was quiet and the phone wasn't ringing nonstop, smoking a Willie Nelson size spliff in a bathing suit, listening to blues on 755As. Austin, you know...

There was one Italian subscriber who sent me a $20 bill every time I mailed out a magazine. I think he was paid up to Issue #60 or so. I think he understood what was going on.

I actually had no idea what I was doing but somehow it worked...for a while.

Periodical publishing is very tough to pull off. I wouldn't recommend trying it.

------------------------------

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must remain silent -- Wittgenstein

Free your mind and your ass will follow -- Parliament/Funkadelic

Edits: 07/08/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Joe, I have NOT forgotten when you gave me two free Russian oil caps to try {250 volt}... - Joe Roberts 23:24:54 07/05/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.