Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Which make me doubt the 93db/? specification. And BDS is going to kick in pretty early as well.

The whole idea of this speaker was to create a sound such that, if while it was playing nerds started talking about diffraction and stuff, somebody would yell out "Shhhh, were trying to listen to music over here!!"

RE: BDS, you realize that we wanted to shelve off the HF, right? There is no HF baffle.

Three was so much going on at that transition point to "outside the design spec" pistonic backhorn radiation that baffle step was not on the table for discussion.

Some designs are in the realm of empirical experimentation not calculation, and this was one of them.

There is no way to understand what this creation sounds like unless you've heard it. You really can't get there via photos and logic.

------------------------------

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must remain silent -- Wittgenstein

Free your mind and your ass will follow -- Parliament/Funkadelic

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Which make me doubt the 93db/? specification. And BDS is going to kick in pretty early as well. - Joe Roberts 20:12:16 07/05/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.