Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Suggestions for visually intriguing Hi-Fi mono speaker?

I like the looks of this! Is it a two way with a simple cross over?

Where can I find a K402 and how much do they run second hand??

Well...it's not THAT easy.

The bass bin is the lower portion of a LaScala II. You can ALSO find a older LaScala and use it (with it's other 2 horns) or, you can bypass the top two horns and use the huge K402.

The K402 is only in about 25 or so homes nation (actually world) wide. They do not come up for sale as a general rule. You can however, buy them direct. There is a specific way to do it so if you decide to pursue that course, let me know and I'll get you on the right trail so it doesn't get screwed up.

The K402 is "about" $1,000 (maybe 1,200?) EACH. This includes the horn lens, driver (K69 tweeter driver) and mounting tray. It is literally, pull out of box, plug in and play.

It is being used by most in an active crossover setup (I have those paramaters) however, there is evidently a passive that has now been designed for it from what I understand. I do not have a diagram of the passive. The active/passive items are not included with the purchase.

Honestly, what I'm doing is trying to find beater LaScala cabinets that I can get for a song. Maybe resell drivers/horns since all I really want is the bass bin.

I'm looking to collect them, slap a K402 across the front three and maybe add two more for rears with the K510 mounted inside them. And use them at my house in TN for outdoor movies!!!

I have already done it with their big BIG brother. It was a blast. I had the mono-stack big brother (picture attached) reading peaks of 114 db's while playing outside 52' away (measured)

CLEAN dynamics but the MWM is not something easily carried by one person. A mono JubeScala COULD be managed by one person if you maybe had a dolly and/or chopped the top off to make it like the one pictured.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Suggestions for visually intriguing Hi-Fi mono speaker? - Coytee 13:20:43 07/03/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.