Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: You are not building a MLTL

Hey Scooter,

Thanks for the contribution.

What you say regarding big-big is should be considered, but it depends on what trade-offs you are willing accept when considered in context and detail. Big-big would not offer much if any benefit in my (or anything but a very large) room. As for the 30% in volume 'lost' to the bottom-firing port, in reality it is much less than this and other design factors also need to be considered.

I think your point regarding the volume 'lost' by using a bottom-firing port needs to be considered, but there are some benefits to botton-firing port in an MLTL such as mine. An experienced modeller that I trust ran simulations using my constraints and preferences. The design I decided on was most appropriate for my circumstances and little different to larger versions, which may have provided more tuning flexibility in a significantly larger room; in my room, the differences were marginal if relevant at all.

BTW, I can't link to your system - I am interested in what are you currently implementing / running and how you might help the rest of us. I'd like to be able to learn from your practical experiences next time 'round.

Cheers,
Raymond
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." Shunryo Suzuki

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: You are not building a MLTL - RC Daniel 04:33:47 06/28/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.