Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Faital HF Drivers

"I'm glad to see my pushing them into making that design paid off, I'm sure it sounds fine. It will narrow in the top octave though, you may still want a tweeter."

I read about folks going the two-way route and liking it, but from what you are saying, it can be a stretch? The two-way seemed simpler, and no need to design in a passive x-over.

I've seen pics of the Eliptrac 400 in an offset baffle board with a vertical mounted Klipsch tweeter along the edge. I was hoping to make it a two-way design, but if I find I need a tweeter, then I have to find someone to design the x-over.

I do already have in my possession a pair of brand new Selenium D405 2" compression drivers, the ones with the phenolic diaphragm. I suppose I could use those with the Eliptrac 400, run it from 500Hz to 2500Hz and add a tweeter such as the Bob Crites CT125 K style tweeter with the Eminence APT 50, it also has a phenolic diaphragm. Or maybe a clone of the JBL baby butt cheek horn for a tweeter.

I've seen Greg Roberts' Fc260 and Fc280 horns, he refers to them as a tracetrix flare horns, so they do need a tweeter. He even designs one of them with a hole on the outer edge to mount the round Ciare 1.26 tweeter. I could investigate if those would work with my Selenium D405's also.

The Beyma's mentioned are out of my price range unfortunately. Regarding your original suggestion to try the Faital HF144 driver + LTH142 horn, that driver specs only down to 600Hz. I need to cross at 500Hz

Edits: 06/11/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Faital HF Drivers - coolhandjjl 19:54:35 06/10/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.