In Reply to: hard to believe posted by el`Ol on June 10, 2012 at 05:23:29:
In 1981 I built a pair of of this double 12 design, the same basic horn type that Danley uses, but without the HF drivers.
This design had usable response to 95hz or so, but at 48" was too wide for its intended use.
It did however get people coming up to me and trying to tell me 'that it wasn't on'. Until you got about 4' away and felt you sinus cavities start to ache, then you realized that it was on, and was rotting your face off. The point was that it sounded natural. It was also easy to build.
What I would like to build would be a double 6" with the Synergy principal that would be usable to 200hz or so, and cross at around 300hz or so. I think it only need be about 24" wide to do this.
Edits: 06/10/12This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - one horn allowed - el`Ol 03:32:37 06/10/12 (20)
- RE: one horn allowed - bwaslo 19:27:04 07/18/12 (0)
- RE: one horn allowed - Larry I 05:34:17 06/13/12 (0)
- Danleys Unity Horn of course :) - Pro Sound Guy 09:27:16 06/12/12 (0)
- RE: one horn allowed - Wojciech 21:50:32 06/10/12 (3)
- RE: one horn allowed - TubeBuilder 08:20:23 06/15/12 (2)
- RE: one horn allowed - email@example.com 11:38:05 06/10/12 (1)
- RE: one horn allowed - firstname.lastname@example.org 22:31:08 06/10/12 (0)
- RE: one horn allowed - Saturntube 09:59:22 06/10/12 (3)
- Would that be a limitation? - el`Ol 12:17:40 06/10/12 (2)
- RE: one horn allowed - Kloss 07:01:24 06/10/12 (0)
- Synergy - djk 04:21:35 06/10/12 (4)
- hard to believe - el`Ol 05:23:29 06/10/12 (3)
- RE: one horn allowed - amioutaline? 04:01:15 06/10/12 (0)
- RE: hard to believe - djk 07:16:05 06/10/12 (0)