Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

I decided on an GPA 605

(Edit: 604)-8H-III duplexes for a smallish space. This was after much over-thinking the various options. Still waiting though (7+ months to build and counting), so can't claim 1st hand whether this project has been successful.

With Rick Craig crossovers and suitably designed cabinets, the duplex seems to be one of very few achievable (for me) design approaches that suits my preferences and constraints, and has consistently received positive feedback when used with low-power SETs (a few people who did not design the cabinet appropriately to obtain acceptable balance notwithstanding) across a range of volume levels.

The big, low QTS driver is ideal for use in a lowish power SET-driven system, especially when cabinet design takes into account said system. Convincing dynamics, even if ultimate loudness is slightly compromised (amplifier and listener dependent).

Cheers.
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." Shunryo Suzuki

Edits: 04/04/12 04/05/12 04/06/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.