Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: That is the same basket/motor assembly used in these...

With the Urei spec cone in their design cabinet they claim 50Hz, and I'd say that seems about right. Since this was a studio monitor application they were designed for pretty neutral sound. One downside is with the heavier cone for the low Fc they are lower sensitivity, ~ 93db. But their sound is still quite nice.

Yes, the stock crossover should just be scrapped. One difficulty for the crossover in the literature in my first reply is that they used tapped inductors, and I have not been able to find what the values are to reproduce them.

Donald Patten, at the link below has the know-how to design a proper analog delay circuit to time align duplex speakers. There's some good infor at the link. What made the Ureis so good, and the Treatment Mr. Patten does is the time alignment of the duplex which gives a very coherent playback.

I was able to locate a pair of the Urei horns for both the 15" and 12" duplexes that I have used to help with my horn reproduction using nice wood. I doubt you'd be able to find those so DIY would be the order of the day. There is also a design at Yuichi's site for a very nice radial horn, and his designs are quite good from my experience.

The stock JBL 2152H is a hi-end ceiling speaker, so even though it is a well engineered JBL product, it is still a ceiling speaker and the horn dispersion is quite wide. The part could be put to much better use.

eso
They were a carnival of American decay on parade, and they had no idea of the atrocity they had inflicted upon themselves." Henry Chinaski

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: That is the same basket/motor assembly used in these... - eso 22:30:29 03/30/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.