Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

DIY Danley Synergy SH50 horn + BIG woofers. OR cornerhorns

Hi v-tube,

For a small room I would attempt to significantly reduce room reflection effects by using a relatively narrow pattern 60x60 or 60x40 horn. The diyaudio.com website has several theads on DIY construction of a type of Danley Synergy horn, including a 60x60 dispersion with >105 db/watt down to 80 Hz. If you do not want to bi-amp the bass, a pair of BIG woofers wired in parallel can get >100db/watt when room gain is included.

If your room dimensions allow corner horns to correctly project into the listening position, then using the 4x mirroring efficiency from the corner would be an excellent choice. pispeakers.com has a great whitepaper and several modest cost DIY corner horns. Klipsch horns are the natural used speaker choice. The Jubilee and Jamboree bass horns are DIY updates of Klipsch. The Radian 950pbl 2" compression driver on a LARGE 90x40 plastic horn would complete a hi-efficiency 2-way.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • DIY Danley Synergy SH50 horn + BIG woofers. OR cornerhorns - scooter 19:06:43 03/24/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.