Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Making the move to high efficiency seems impossible...

Hello all! I think I'm missing drama, slam, dynamic agility from my current system, and the only easy change to make to the system is to get new speakers. I'm running Aerial Acoustics 7b's (86 dB/2.83 Vrms/1 meter on axis) with a VTL IT-85 and ST-85 (bi-amping). I don't want to change amps, but I want more oomph to the sound, so I'm thinking high efficiency speakers are the way to go. Budget: approx. $7,500.00. I don't want to lose bass, and the Aerials go 35 cycles easy.

I've developed a short list of speakers to consider: Audio Note AN-E; Zu Audio Definition; Klipsch Cornwall III. None of the Coincident speakers fit my budget and needs. I might be able to audition the Audio Note (maybe). I won't be able to put them into corners, though, so I'm worried about how deep they'll go. People seem to think Zu Audio is dishonest about their specs. I'm worried about the Klipsch speakers not fitting my listening habits. In particular, I don't listen from the sweet spot anymore. I like to lay on the couch, or sit in the comfy chair in the corner, or in the adjoining room at the table there. It is my understanding that the horns would beam.

Any other suggestions out there? I listen to rock, folk, metal, and electronic music. Maybe I should just stick with the Aerials?

Thanks for any help you might have to offer.

May the bridges we burn light our way....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Making the move to high efficiency seems impossible... - PranaBindu 13:29:58 03/21/12 (45)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.