Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Question for endust4237 on Danley SH100B

The SH-100B adds another octave of bass extension compared to the SH100, the bass is balanced to the coaxial horn.
The size, shape, and furnishing of your room will determine it’s bass response, in some rooms the ability to separate the subwoofer placement from the mains can offer an improvement in sound quality, but a more complex set up.
The SH-100B is compact for a horn loaded speaker, 29.5 x 20.5 x 19inches deep, and actually has slightly lower frequency extension than the SH-96.

The SH-96 is a much larger cabinet, 45 inches wide, 26.5 high, by 25 deep. The much larger size allows for smoother response with tighter pattern control to a lower frequency, and far more output level at more than twice the cost.

I have listened to the SH-100, it sounds detailed and defined, the extra octave the SH100B offers definitely would be nice.
In comparison to another much larger speaker the SH-100 bass extension was the only thing I thought was missing. The co-axial speaker gives excellent imaging and high fidelity with plenty SPL, but is not as smooth as many of the other speakers in the Synergy line up.

The SH-100 pattern is actually wider than I would prefer, in most average listening rooms I’d prefer the vertical pattern control the SH-95 or the newer SM-96 offer, with a subwoofer (or two).
That said, I prefer direct sound with as little reflected sound as possible, many listeners like room reflections, and the SH-100 or SH-100B offer more than the others.

Art

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.