Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Regardless of what it looks like anyone who is serious addresses time alignment in some manner.

I am also trying to stay all analog at this time. This alignment took me a while to a) wrap my head around what I was hearing and, b) how to setup my horns consistently. The mid-bass/mid-range, obviously, seems to be the most critical and I've taken to using a mic at the listening position and a pc-based o-scope to get the drivers aligned very close at the crossover frequency, around 600hz. This has worked well for me so I've also been attempting to do some alignment between right and left side using this technique. My room is asymmetrical, l-shaped, so getting things close with a 350Hz tone in the mid-bass seems to give me better right/left alignment in my room. I may not be spot on but I'm getting a single, solid, woman's voice on opera passages. Used to sound a bit like a herd of sheep. :-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Regardless of what it looks like anyone who is serious addresses time alignment in some manner. - Dan_ed 04:45:14 03/14/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.