Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Giant Horn Speakers and Time Alignment ....

" I tend to cringe when I see these impressive looking 3-4-5 way mega-horn systems as I have absolutely proved (to myself) that the more crossover points you can lose, the inherently better sound you will have. "

This is where time alignement comes in: If you have a perfectly time aligned, (read: in phase) sound system it doesnt matter how many drivers are playing or how many Crossover points you have, it will sound good.

When a driver is out of phase or mis aligned time wise, it makes a mess out of everything, when that happens it is wise to reduce the amount of drivers to minimize the clutter. But dont blame misalignment shortcomings on multiway speakers. The inability of someone to set a system correctly doesnt mean that the drivers are bad or the system is wrong!

Actually when perfectly time aligned, having a couple or more drivers playing the same frequency makes the sound fuller, more detailed, more realistic and much more interesting.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.