Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Interesting....

I will have to copy this info and send it off to my NZ speaker repair guy for analysis, because quite frankly I don't know dick-squat about this kinda stuff (wish I did, though.) But with Cabasse not giving out the same detailed performance data publicly, in any website or forum I am aware of, it is hard to compare, at least for me.

Isn't "Dayton" sorta a little mid-fi, not exactly haute stuff? I recall that their caps are mid-grade (I've replaced enough of them in some cross-overs I had to know that much), and so I would hate to get the driver over here and find out it has some performance problems that make it unsuitable for my application. Think I'll leave it to my 'expert' NZ speaker repair guy to give me his considered opinion as to suitability. Again, I don't know shit. :-)

Thanks for the help. I appreciate your efforts on my behalf.

Hopefully, someone will come up with a really low-mass/ultra rigid cone design that fits all the other parameters, and then I'd be sitting pretty! But as Presto said back in the Speaker Asylum, finding a drop-in unit that will match performance parameters of an exotic design like this will be tough, and I sure as hell appreciate everybody doing their best to help me out in this regard.

I'll see what my NZ speaker tech says, but he's a slow reply kinda guy, so that may take a while.........

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.