Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Would axiom 80s work in OB

I have not heard them I read they had a peak. Not as bad as a lowther nothing could be could it? . Mick Malony used them for a while on open baffle 2 pair Thorsten did too. But they both tired of them. I can imagine you would need the aru to get low end from them. I had in mind you could use a good sub like a tapped horn. I still think cutting down the big original theatre horn plan would be cool. I guess they would suffer the same problem all back loaded horns suffer the fr suck out where the back wave meets the front wave though. The aru is like a leaky baffle like the aperadoc? plan thier talking about above. Similar principle. Should work well. Good luck with it. btw I have not even seen a pair com up for sale on ebay recently like a few years. Not that I have been looking for them in particular. They must be worth a lot to sell when you do tire of them. That and ten inch tannoy reds you just dont see any more.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Would axiom 80s work in OB - TubeBuilder 07:02:49 02/09/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.