Gday all I just picked up these jabo horns. There made for 288-8k. They can be run with 2 inch drivers all so. Cheaper then 1200 for 1 inch supervox horns I think. He has some really cool autotransformers too. He makes them for 8 ohm but he said I can use them for 16ohm too. I have 16ohm diaphrams currently. Does that sound right? I guess useing 16 ohm load will reflect a 16 ohm load to the amp all so. I am worried it wont have enough inductance. I guess if it fails I can buy 8 ohm diaphrams. Details of crossovers can be found on his auctions but I will add them below. He has complete crossovers for a7 and 604 with nice big cut c cores and tapped trans for hf. For 15 years I have messed up quiet a few horn setups and ended up going back to my coaxes and fullranges in despair. These 288 16k are my late fathers drivers and the last of his stuff so it would be really nice to make them work. I am 43 now and he gave me my first hand down seperates system when I was 12. I am finding I have to go to the horns for tv as I am getting deafer and am having trouble hearing what actors are saying without turning up the volume to loud with my fullrangers. Which is funny because I think thats why he ended up using horns too lol.
Would love to know what fellow inmates think about these horns and crossovers. I just hope they dont quack like a duck. I might have to wrap them in carbon fibre if they do.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - I bought these Jabo horns for my 288 Help with set up please. - tubebuilder 05:12:13 12/27/10 (5)
- RE: I bought these Jabo horns for my 288 Help with set up please. - ssssly 01:34:21 12/31/10 (0)
- Wish I could have helped..... - doodlebug 06:14:28 12/29/10 (2)
- RE: Wish I could have helped..... - tubebuilder 09:32:26 12/31/10 (0)
- RE: Wish I could have helped..... - tubebuilder 05:10:33 12/30/10 (0)
- RE: I bought these Jabo horns for my 288 Help with set up please. - tubebuilder 06:44:13 12/28/10 (0)