In Reply to: RE: Hmm. posted by Gandra1 on October 19, 2010 at 22:41:37:
I plugged it into Horn Response, which isn't the perfect tool for such a thing. But, I think I can interpret the results well enough. My biggest worry is the giant suckout at 100hz. I think a great deal will depend on stuffing. Were I you, I'd rig a way to listen to it without attaching the final side. Thick weatherstrip and clamps. Then play with stuffing: density and placement.
You probably won't like this idea, but I'd also skip the tile and concrete. First, you need all the box volume you can get. Second, those corners will help to keep midrange frequencies from traveling down the line, which in my mind is quite desirable. You don't want midrange coming out of the terminus if you can avoid it. The bass that you are trying to reinforce with the line won't care a bit about the reflectors. The wavelengths we're talking about are too long to be affected either way, so better to have volume and midrange filtering. At the very least don't worry about the tile until you've made certain that the box will suit your needs (by clamping a side on and listening).
Finally, let me know your results! I sure would appreciate some pics over on my forum. And if this little box works well, I bet others will be interested in duplicating it.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Do I need tweeters ta all? - Gandra1 08:25:10 10/16/10 (19)
- Tweeters and Enclosures for the BetsyK - Paul J. 08:03:11 10/19/10 (5)
- RE: This is what I 've been working on for Betsy-K - Gandra1 10:08:36 10/19/10 (4)
- RE:Lots of good advices/opinons, thanks - I will soon post the *plan - Gandra1 16:56:32 10/18/10 (0)
- RE: Do I need tweeters ta all? - Inmate51 11:41:41 10/18/10 (0)
- RE: Do I need tweeters ta all? - Godzilla. 09:22:17 10/18/10 (0)
- RE: Do I need tweeters ta all? - sunnysal 08:46:16 10/18/10 (0)
- RE: Do I need tweeters ta all? - thetubeguy1954 05:27:20 10/18/10 (0)
- RE: Do I need tweeters ta all? - tomservo 11:52:07 10/16/10 (4)
- RE: Using the plain math, what values I am looking at... - Gandra1 13:53:29 10/16/10 (3)
- RE: Using the plain math, what values I am looking at... - tomservo 12:50:06 10/18/10 (0)
- RE: Using the plain math, what values I am looking at...It depends - Ivan Beaver 18:19:30 10/16/10 (0)
- RE: Using the plain math, what values I am looking at... - Saturntube 17:38:24 10/16/10 (0)
- RE: Do I need tweeters ta all? - weltersys 09:40:28 10/16/10 (2)Follow Ups
- It might work. - Paul J. 09:31:10 10/20/10 (1)
- RE: It might work. - Gandra1 13:49:26 10/20/10 (0)