Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

I am not so sure about that...

But I am not even conversant on the subject, really. I am simply in the research phase.

"In 1974 a radical approach to surround design was taken and the cone structures of the 15" and 12" completely redesigned for the HPD Series."

and

"A major redesign of the Monitor Gold led to the 'Monitor High Performance Dual' HPD Series. Power handling was improved considerably by using high temperature adhesives in specially set up Tannoy coil winding and heat treatment sections. Sensitivity was maintained at 92 dB for 1 Watt at 1 meter while moving cone masses increased to give the correct 'Q' values for a range of 5 cabinet models....

All units were 8 ohms and also supplied with crossover and terminal panel as kits for the professional market or home constructor. The crossover network is worthy of mention as there were some sophisticated circuits used for controlling both the level of energy from the HF unit and the degree of roll-off above 5 kHz. An autotransformer was used to match the relatively high impedance of the HF voice coil (10 Ohms resistive, approximately 18 Ohms above 1 kHz)."

Both of these predate the 3839 by my read of this.

David

"Its better to have online friends than no friends at all."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.