Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Open baffle and front horn, sound differences

I had experience with both: I changed from OB to Horns.

which one will image better? Horns all the way, the best imaging I have ever heard was Avantgarde at RMAF...scary good.
which one is more natural? Horns if you mean by natural more acording to reality.
which one is more non fatiguing? Open bafle can be very relaxed but in order to get all the sounds from the source you need to pump up the volume, with horns you can listen at very low volume levels and miss nothing, no fatigue.
which one is more envolving? Sorry but Horns all the way, foot stomping clapping good.
which has better soundstage? Better sounstage and image better...horns.
which one interacts more with the room acoustics? Open baffle, you need a really big room to use open baffle and anything you put on your walls will change the sound. Horns are more direct radiation pattern with less interaction on the room, very small sweet spot on horns though, Soundstage in Open baffle is terrible IMHO...unless you have Genesis speakers in a huge room (they will give you the minimal measurements of the required room, Genesis 201 do sound great!).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Open baffle and front horn, sound differences - Saturntube 08:46:19 04/03/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.