Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Loud noises at night

Hi all

On the 4th of July I set up a microphone invention I am working on in my backyard and recorded the Town’s fireworks display. This was about set off about 3/8 mile away from me and off to one side (the right side) far off (about ½ mile) in the distance one can faintly hear a band playing at a park..
I thought people might enjoy this recording too as it is an exercise in dynamic range, so I edited out the last 4 min or so of it and put it on our website for download.
WARNING this recording goes up to zero dB on the peaks although it sounds “quiet” so play it quietly before cranking it up. Clipping anywhere in the chain will usually be audible too.
Also, I tried making an MP3 out of it so it would be easier to e-mail but even at 320K it absolutely ruined it…. REALLY.
Anyway, unzip it and burn it onto a CD and see what you think.
One last thought, since this is a tough recording to reproduce with most speakers, try it on a good pair of headphones first as a point of reference.
Have fun

Tom Danley

Fireworks link

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/knowledge baSE.htm

Loud noises at night

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Loud noises at night - tomservo 09:28:07 07/27/06 (16)

You can not post to an archived thread.