Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Hear that, Tom?

Are you being sarcastic? I'll assume so.

It seems you're confused on several different things. Real companies designing large prosound equipment have very different measurement requirements than most people around here trying to design their own hi-fi systems. A prosound company doesn't know where their design will be listened to from, but can usually assume it's further away than 1m. I (and most others here) know exactly where I will listen to my speakers from, so I can measure at that location. That may be 5m. It may be 1m. I know someone who set up an awesome nearfield system where you listened from about 10 inches. So saying "You have to measure from at least 2 meters" is not good advice.

And if you read what I wrote about gating, you'll notice I said you won't be able to use it to measure subwoofers at low frequencies in a small room. But that wasn't what Jeff was asking about - he was asking about midrange horns, which could be measured indoors using a gated measurement depending on the mic / speaker / room combination.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Hear that, Tom? - John Sheerin 16:04:49 02/07/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.