Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: You suggest a 16 square foot baffle and a 2.0 Qts. driver ... so would still need another speaker for bass below 50H

HW - For 'high efficiency' one would probably want the
whole 'baffle' full of drivers

Well, that would certainly be one way to do it. But your picture showed one driver on a very large baffle. That is what generated my comment.

What does "RBNG" mean?

My post was a response to R ichard B ass N ut G reen. Kinda like this response is to H its W are :-).

HW - You think you would have much distortion with
(from the standpoint of a 4' x 4' baffle)
(only considering the low end)
say 16 8" drivers with a Q ~ 2
(at a moderate level) ???????

Carefully read what I said. "Someone who appreciates high levels of *driver* distortion."
I said a 2.0 Qts *driver* would have high distortion. Not 20 of them combined LOL. That would certainly help lower distortion! If you were going to take the multi driver approach, use several HE drivers in a vertical array on your sidewalls.

cheers,

AJ

I contend that we are both atheists; I just believe in one fewer god than you. When you understand why you reject all other gods, you will understand why I reject yours

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: You suggest a 16 square foot baffle and a 2.0 Qts. driver ... so would still need another speaker for bass below 50H - AJinFLA 16:10:43 02/06/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.