Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: You suggest a 16 square foot baffle and a 2.0 Qts. driver ... so would still need another speaker for bass below 50H

Richard---OBs are easier than boxes, often uses one for convenience and calls it's resulting vices virtues. However on a couple of occasions I've heard them sounding pretty decent, especially an EV Wolverine 12 I heard and a Madison 21. God knows what the things were doing but they sounded full and robust.

Note that a fella who was once the foremost advocate of OBs around here used lots of EQ to get deep bass from a large OB array, which as you know means it was no longer high efficiency. He was also keen on using a low efficiency box subwoofer with OBs.

Recently I bought a couple of those old Yamaha "ear" speakers which used open backed boxes. They sounded OK. I'm gonna nail the drivers up on the wall in the garage as curiosities.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: You suggest a 16 square foot baffle and a 2.0 Qts. driver ... so would still need another speaker for bass below 50H - Tom Brennan 17:57:02 02/03/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.