Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

PAudio 15 Coax My final results and pics.

After messing around with the PAudio 15 for a few weeks I discovered that I could get two complete different sounds by changing the crossover. I liked the sound of the PAudio but I could not live with it's non-linearity. The woofer was 101bd at best and the compression horn is 106db strong. I came up with only two crossover stratagies that worked well.
1. Passive with a simple 3mf cap crossing at 8K , this method uses the woofer to produce most of the midrange. The cap pads down the compression horn to meet the efficiency level of the woofer. This yield a 101db speaker system.
2. Active with a simple bi-amp system crossing at 1.5K. This method uses the compression horn to produce most of the midrange. By allowing you to step up the gain on the bass amp to meet the efficiency level of the compression horn. This yields a 106db speaker system.
By bi-amping , and using the compression horn to produce the midrange the ringing and beaming of the woofer is drastically reduced. The dynamics and speed are increased. The imaging is more forward and 3D.
In my opinion the PAudio 15 must be bi-amped with an active crossover in order to hear it's potential.
Here is a pic of the rear of the cabinet showing the rear port at the bottom and bi-amp terminals.

https://gallery.AudioAsylum.com/cgi/gi.mpl?u=33876&f=000_0795.jpg

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - PAudio 15 Coax My final results and pics. - Les Hudson 07:30:34 07/05/06 (25)

You can not post to an archived thread.