has anyone calculated the dimensions of an UNFOLDED 20 Hz. Tractrix horn?
I do realize:
(1) the speakers have to be raised to prevent their mouths from touching the floor.
(2) the listners should also be raised on a platform so that their ears are level with the drivers.
(3) fabricating the horns using casting (like Oris 150) would be impractical. I guess I could hire a ship builder to use bent strips of wood to assemble the horn, piece by piece.
What do people think. Has anyone already reached this level of madness?
This is my first post since becoming an inmate, and its great to be in the asylum.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - The True Tractrix Horn - baffled 07:25:42 05/02/01 (17)
- Re: The True Tractrix Horn - wgeiger 17:19:01 05/02/01 (3)
- (fromula correction) "}" should read "}^2" (duh!) NT - wgeiger 01:15:15 05/03/01 (2)
- Re: The True Tractrix Horn - baffled 15:52:55 05/02/01 (5)
- Re: The True Tractrix Horn - wgeiger 02:37:23 05/03/01 (3)
- Re: The True Tractrix Horn - Michaelz 08:08:40 05/03/01 (2)
- Re: The True Tractrix Horn - str8aro 16:03:59 05/02/01 (0)
- Re: The True Tractrix Horn - str8aro 13:26:32 05/02/01 (0)
- Re: The True Tractrix Horn - Randy Bey 08:13:00 05/02/01 (5)
- Didn't Mr. Doppenberg once build one... - JL 12:02:44 05/02/01 (4)
- http://home.planet.nl/~doppenbg/concreet.htm - Bert Doppenberg 16:35:17 05/02/01 (3)
You can not post to an archived thread.