Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: I think both viewpoints have merit here...

>> You want things both ways. You complain that a few WB titles were released without stereo mixes, then you proclaim that it doesn't matter anyway since the target market is multi-channel enthusiasts. <<

I don't want it both ways. I just want SACD, which can do everything DVD-A can do, and do it better.

>> Since the first WB titles were brought to market in 2000 they have included survey cards. This isn't new, but it does illustrate your lack of familiarity with the product. The contents of the questionnaire have changed over time. <<

The product, its specifications and its marketing have remained exactly the same since the day it was introduced.

>> How does a company take care of a customer base which doesn't exist? Please enlighten us all on this. <<

Are you really suggesting that DVD-A is creating a brand new market segment? Warner targeted surround sound music fans, a satellite customer base which has existed since the days of quad and was brought into the digital age with the advent of DD and DTS. DVD-A, hoping to be all things to all people, is of course trying to appeal to music fans in general, and surround sound fans in particular.

You're trying to tell me that these customers "didn't exist" prior to the advent of DVD-A? Or that Warner didn't know how to stick survey cards in their CDs or DVDs prior to the introduction of DVD-A? Please tell me you're kidding.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.