Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

. . .but not for the WG-4

>> 1. You have no idea what market reseacrh they did prior to launch. <<

Yes I do. DVD-A's target market was. . .record execs in the WG-4. They got SDMI involved. The rest is history. Rarely did the WG-4 express any interest in what the consumer wanted. This is apparent and documented and anyone following the development of DVD-A knows it.

>> [snip irrelevant diatribe] The point is, with new technologies - before a market is created, the public has no interest or need. Market research always tells you that a new technology has no market. There would never be any innovation. <<

DVD-A could have been created with all music fans' interests and needs addressed. The argument that the public has no interest or need for home music reproduction (which is what DVD-A is supposed to address) is just so ludicrous I can't believe you are arguing that point. As I've pointed out, instead of focusing on customers in the general public, DVD-A focused entirely on the needs and wants of record execs.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • . . .but not for the WG-4 - Jazz Inmate 11:09:30 07/31/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.