Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Warners asking more direct questions on their DVD-A questionaire...

I just bought the YES- Magnification DVD-A, and as many might know, Warners includes a questionaire card (pre-paid postage - Business Reply Mail) asking questions about DVD-A. In the past these questions were sort of generally regarding sound quality issues, if they even existed.

Well, the new card in the Magnification DVD-A asked more direct questions regarding sound quality, etc. Here are some of the added questions I found quite interesting:

"Does your receiver/amplifier have six distinct analog inputs for DVD-Audio?"

the following question listed a 1-5 (5 very important) scale on each item:
"How important were each of these in your descision to purchase DVD-Audio discs: Multichannel Sound, High-Quality Sound, Extra content, Plays in DVD Player"

"Which one of the following do you prefer? High-Quality MCH Sound, High-Quality Stereo Sound, Like both equally, Don't Know"

"How often do you have the TV on when listening to DVD-Audios? Often, Sometimes, Never"

From these questions above it seems that Warners has, at least, taken an interest in alot of things people have been harping on - Sound Quality and the need for/utilization of a TV for DVD-audio.

At least, from my vantage point, it appears they are starting to ask the right questions.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Warners asking more direct questions on their DVD-A questionaire... - MT 10:45:13 07/30/02 (57)

You can not post to an archived thread.