Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Just ordered my Sony XA-777ES from Oade Bros.

I have an SCD-777ES, but just ordered the XA-777ES for multichannel capability, plus the promise of improved resolution on both SACD and redbook that some here have noted. The price was $2000 delivered ground, but I opted to spend an additional $65 for overnight delivery. I'll let you know if I can hear any improvements over the SCD-777ES on my meager system.

Of special note to those who might be considering the SCD-C555ES - Oade Bros is now offering these for $775.00! (I talked with Jim.) This made my decision to buy the XA-777ES a little tougher. Still, I'm hoping for a unit to improve performance, not just a match to my SCD-777. If the improvementsd are not evident with the XA777ES, Oade will accept it back (with a "small" restocking fee) and I can pick up the now bargain-priced C555ES. If the XA-777ES is better, I'll be selling the SCD-777ES.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Just ordered my Sony XA-777ES from Oade Bros. - Dalton 12:14:19 10/15/01 (15)

You can not post to an archived thread.