Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: marantz SA-10

From snippets I've heard this is not a limited edition machine as such but will not be supplied to stock, it will be pre-order only at first so in effect built to order. Not all that surprising in today's market and for such an expensively built machine and somewhat of a bold gamble by D & M to project a new reference SACD/CD spinner for 2017 release when all the pundits tell us that streaming is the only ticket in town and that optical disc has been confined to history. UK deliveries are expected to begin in March - it keeps getting put back - but CG versions may take a little longer.

SA10-S1 comes in Black and Champagne Gold, Marantz expect demand to be for the black machine. I don't. Anybody willing to drop £6k on a Marantz reference player will choose CG surely with CD12, SCD 1, CD 7, SA7-S1 tradition.

Those friends who have heard it, rave about it... "far higher fidelity than SA7-S1" but more on the cool to neutral side. There are only 10 retailers in the UK (10 get it!) and as far as I have heard there will be none for demo in store at home or anywhere else. The UK has one review model slated and a queue for it around the block. No doubt KK at HFN will get first dibs over here.

No provision has been made for a Word Clock BNC input unlike the SA7-S1 and we all know how vast an improvement that made to timing, tonality and precision.

I have placed a pre-order which will surprise nobody that knows me including my derailleur old friend Gerald who disbelieves most things in hi fi as fake news.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.