Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: ?^ pricing

That's rather interesting if someone bought all the remaining stock with the intention of raising the price. I guess I don't see the logic since any intelligent person will want the new model or else they will want a discount on the discontinued old model. Who in their right mind would pay extra for a discontinued model that is being replaced by an upgraded model. If, on the other hand, the old model is not being replaced, then Oppo will soon have additional stock at the regular price for anyone who still wants the older model. It seems to me that whoever bought a bunch of the older model with the intention of raising the price might have made the WRONG decision. What do you think?

Anyway, my concern is for the new Oppo Sonica DAC. It is supposed to be priced at $799 according to the following YouTube clip from RMAF. It sounds like a very versatile component that combines a DAC/preamp and a streamer with the ability to connect a USB drive directly. I hope it comes out on schedule at the advertised price because I'm ready to buy one. ;-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: ?^ pricing - John Elison 22:57:26 11/19/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.