Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: jimi hendrix

Fantja,

I have listened to the disc three times since receiving it. You put it on and the next thing you know you are seated there with the sold out audience listening to them play. For an 1970 analog tape source this disc sounds very good. The background is quiet on the SACD allowing the subtle details to come through. You can hear the audience shouting out requests in the ambiance of the theater! To me that is amazing fidelity.

There have been complaints on other sites about the "bass" reproduction. On my system the bass is clearly defined and audible. Maybe some are expecting a mid bass "bump" in the low end? Vocal are clean and clear, guitar slight of center as it would be at the concert. Very dynamic disc which highlights Buddy Miles "gut bucket" style of playing the drums. You can hear the snap in the drum set. I do hope that the other three shows get released. For comparison I listened to the two BOG tracks on West Coast Seattle Boy CD box set last night. It has more audible noise, and is mixed a bit hotter than Machine Gun live at the Fillmore. There is a definite improvement on the SACD which also has a CD layer for those without SACD players. From the official site. The songs and which discs have them.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: jimi hendrix - Sharpstat 08:55:35 11/02/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.