Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: I'm with you...

The Meyer Moran tests have been widely criticized by thoughtful audio professionals on the basis of numerous biases and faults in the M&M methodology. There have also been other AES papers which differ considerably in their results. Meyer himself in response to valid criticism also said years later that his study had not really been a scientific one.

You could stop reading about any one else's critiques or other completely different tests which reached different conclusions, and just stick with M&M's results because they support your own mindset. Flawed tests happen all the time in many fields. Usually, that is not discovered until well after publication. It is a process called peer review. So, it is important to read and understand all of that, not just cherry pick the published result that you like.

It also happens years ago that I exchanged some correspondence with Moran. Yes, he attempted to defend the tests which bore his name, though I found his defense weak, myself. But, he told me he was also in the process of buying an SACD player for himself at the time. Apparently, he was not totally convinced of his own conclusions himself.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I'm with you... - Fitzcaraldo215 09:25:38 10/04/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.