Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Then you, too, have not heard a properly set up multichannel system.

Mine NEVER sounds unnatural when playing music. As far as I can recall, I've never heard a discrete-multichannel recording sound even just average; they all sound at least very good and some are simply the best-ever reproductions of an orchestra in a concert hall.

Try to find 'Grieg Dvorak Elgar', TELARC SACD #SACD-60623, and pay particular attention to the Elgar Serenade for Strings o. 20. It is simply the very finest recording of a (small, in this case) orchestra in a hall I've ever heard. Its natural tonality, spaciousness, and TRANSPARENCY are unparalleled. It truly makes me feel as if I'm in the hall with these 30-or-so musicians, with NOTHING between me and them but maybe 20 feet of air.

And I too listen to LOTS of real music, orchestral and chamber, and have for about 50 years.

As for quality of 2- v. MC systems, one never gets excellence from either without lots of time and (relatively) lots of money. The 2-channel portion of my MC system sounds EXCELLENT, and it sounds even better playing in 5-channel.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.